Launched into the water in June 2022, with a carrying capacity of 24,004 twenty-foot equivalent unit (TEU), measuring 400 metres in length by 61.5 metres in width, Ever Alot snatched the world’s largest container ship record from Ever Ace. She is the seventh vessel in the Evergreen A class and the first ship in the class, and the world, to surpass the 24,000 TEU mark. She rivals the Empire State Building in length, can fit four football fields - and has berthed in Sri Lanka and Malaysia.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, January 29 2023. 22:26 IST