JSW Steel reported an 88.75 per cent year-on-year drop in consolidated net profit in the third quarter of the financial year on the back of higher input cost and lower selling price. In an interview, Seshagiri Rao, joint managing director and group chief financial officer, JSW Steel, tells Ishita Ayan Dutt that domestic demand is strong and there are triggers for revival in sentiments from China in Q4 but a stubborn inflation in many economies may prevent any major growth in world steel demand. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, January 22 2023. 14:17 IST