With the threat of pandemic receding, will the 2023-24 Union Budget lower its focus on health care allocations? Or will there be further cohesive planning to prepare for future pandemics? Outlining the vision for this year’s Budget, public health policy expert K SRINATH REDDY, founder and past president, Public Health Foundation of India, in conversation with Sohini Das, says the pandemic has revealed the need to invest in an efficient health care system. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
Insightful news, sharp views, newsletters, e-paper, and more! Unlock incisive commentary only on Business Standard.
Download the Business Standard App for latest Business News and Market News .
First Published: Sun, January 29 2023. 20:42 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU